Did you know human beings swallow at least one spider a year during their lifetime? Did you also know that this “fact” was made up to for the express purpose of studying how quickly disinformation can spread?
If that “fact” is made up, how many other lies have we been told? Way more than you’d think!
1. Captain Crunch is a commander.
2. Jaden isn’t Will Smith’s only son. He’s got another from a previous relationship.
3. If you’re in Denmark and you call your significant other “bae” you are calling them poop.
4. Oranges aren’t alway orange. Sometimes THEY ARE GREEN!
5. You’ve been wearing your headphones wrong your whole life.
6. Most beauty commercials feature a man in a green suit keeping an eye on the tiny details.
7. Mario’s friend Toad isn’t a mushroom. He’s just wearing a hat, guys.
8. You’ve probably been saying “Nutella” wrong.
9. The coyote is MUCH faster than the roadrunner in real life.
10. Green gummy bears aren’t lime. They’re strawberry flavored.
11. Never reach for a towel up high at a department store. They aren’t real.
12. Pineapples don’t grow on trees, they come from the ground!
13. You knew Doritos were bad for you, but you didn’t know they were THAT bad!
14. Those aren’t individual bricks, it’s stamped concrete.
15. Believe it or not, penguins DO have knees!
16. Zach Braff hate Appletinis.
17. The actors who play the famous red-headed Weasley twins from the Harry Potter movies? They are actually brunettes.
18. Hello Kitty is actually supposed to be a British human girl. What the whiskers are about, I have no idea.
19. What that flavor is, I do not know.
20. This emoji might not mean what you think it means.
21. “No more tears” isn’t about crying!
22. Michael Jackson was a brilliant dancer, but for his signature moves he used a little help.
23. Your footlong Subway sandwich is really only 11 inches.
24. Double-Stuff Oreos aren’t quite filled with double the creme.
25. “The Carlton” is actually “The Courtney”
26. You can’t actually see the Great Wall of China from space.
27. Dropping a penny from the Empire State building will sting, but it won’t kill anyone.
28. Dogs don’t sweat through panting, they sweat through small sweat glands, mostly located in their feet.
29. Goldfish actually have very long memories.
Argh! This just wrecked my whole reality. My whole life is a lie!
Share this crazy list of corrections with your friends below!