An 11-Year-Old Died After Eating A Piece Of Cake, And Now His Parents Have A Warning For Others

ADVERTISEMENT
Image: Toa Heftiba

When they got home, Oakley grabbed a piece of cake from a hamper of goodies that had been sent to the family as a gift. He may have been hungry, having not enjoyed his meal at the restaurant. But this actions turned out to be a terrible mistake.

Image: Facebook/Red Sneakers For Oakley

That’s because Oakley had allergies. More specifically, he had a peanut and tree-nut allergy, along with asthma. As a result, he was usually very careful when it came to checking food packaging for allergy information. Except this time, he slipped up.

ADVERTISEMENT
Image: Jonathan Perez

Oakley didn’t notice that the cake contained nuts, until he had eaten some. It was then that he went to his parents to tell them what had happened. Immediately, Merrill jumped into action, having her son take some Benadryl in the hope of making him better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT